9.09.2010

TV Needs More Ren & Stimpy

I wish one of the networks out there or Adult Swim would pick up the old Ren & Stimpy episodes. God I miss that show! I never been able to find the DVDs at any store and I'm too lazy to just order on-line, oh well.
Such a great show though. Groundbreaking in so many ways. I remember when it used to come on after SK8TV on Nickelodeon on Sunday mornings. Then watching it at night with "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" towards the end of its run.

Tons of great characters:
Powdered Toast Man
Mr.Horse
Kowalski
Stinky Weazleteats(sang Happy Happy Joy Joy)
Hell, Frank Zappa did a cameo as the pope in a Powdered Toast Man episode

So many reasons to love that show. I do know this, it paved the way for a whole new style of animation, a slew of imitators, and hours of enjoyment.

The 1st seaon debuted Sunday August 11th on Nickelodeon and five more seasons would follow, total of 52 episodes. It ran on Nick until 2003 when FX picked up a season of "Ren & Stimpy's Adult Party Cartoon" but that only lasted a year. I'd love to see Adult Swim pick it up but I'm sure there's lots of red tape and bullshit, same reason we are denied the brillance that is The State.

Here's one of my favorite episodes, Sven Hoek, from Season 2ep7. The Don't Whizz on the electric fence episode, if that helps. There so much more than that in this episode though.

PART 1


PART 2

No comments:

Post a Comment