8.01.2012

Oz: The Great & Powerful

When I first saw this trailer I have to admit I wasn't real thrilled but the more I watch it the more interested I become. There's been a few Oz spin-offs over the years, my favorite being 1985's "Return to Oz" starring Fairuza Balk. I don't know, just something about those guys with roller skates for hands always stuck with me.
This time around Disney has taken the helm and given the reins to Sam Rami. Another reason I have faith that this movie will be awesome, it's fucking Sam Rami man!! So the story goes like this, small-time magician Oscar Diggs (James Franco) pulls one flimflam too many and finds himself hurled into the fantastical Land of Oz where he must somehow transform himself into the great and powerful Wizard and just maybe into a better man as well. So I guess the original movie wasn't a dream in Dorothy's head after all. Basically this will be a pre-quel of sorts explaining the origins of Oz and it's powerful wizard. It stars James Franco, Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz, Michelle Williams, and Zach Braff. It hits theaters 3/8/13.

No comments:

Post a Comment