3.05.2013

I'm Ron Burgundy?


More news about the Anchorman sequel has been trickling out including some new members to the cast. Looks like John C. Reilly will join the cast as well as Kristen Wiig.
Anchorman: The Legend Continues just began filming this week down in Atlanta and features most of the original cast including Paul Rudd, Will Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Steve Carell, and David Koechner. Aside from new cast members like Wiig and Reilly, it's rumored that James Marsden has joined and will play the role of rival news anchor. No details have been released about what exact roles Wiig and Reilly will play but I can't see John Reilly being added as a bad thing. I was surprised he wasn't in the first one. Director Adam McKay revealed a little bit of the plot in a recent interview but is keeping things under wraps for the most part,
"I don't want to give away too much, but I'll just give a couple of ideas that we've kicked around. Keep in mind we're still writing the story, but I'll say one phrase for you: custody battle. I'll give you that. I'll give you another one: bowling for dollars."

So if I had to guess it sounds like Veronica Corningstone and Ron Burgundy had a little bundle of joy and the whole thing ends with a divorce and a messy custody battle. Either way I'm pumped for the sequel!! 
Right now Anchorman 2 is set for a December 20th release. 
NME has the story

No comments:

Post a Comment