3.07.2013

Lamb of God Singer Cleared of Manslaughter


Lamb of God has been facing some pretty serious shit the last few years over a freak accident that occurred during a show in the Czech Republic in 2010. At the show a fan jumped on stage and was pushed back in to the crowd by lead singer Randy Blythe and fell to the concrete floor. The fan died shortly after due to head injuries suffered in the fall and the Czech government wanted Blythe charged with manslaughter. Lamb of God knew nothing of the charges until they returned for another show and Blythe was picked up on an outstanding warrant stemming from the incident. On Tuesday a Czech court ruled in favor of Blythe and was acquitted on all charges. Blythe faced 5 years in prison and had been traveling back and forth to Prague to fight the charges. He released a statement to his fans and the victims family,

 "I have been found not guilty & acquitted of all charges against me. I am a free man, I only wish for them peace. Thank you for your support. It would be absolutely intolerable for me to hide from this situation. I am an innocent man, but a family suffers the loss of a son, a fan of my band. That is what this whole thing is truly about, not prison, not money, not politics, not ME - it is about a young man who lost his life at just 19 years of age. He will never come back, & it breaks my heart."

The prosecution in the case has filed for an appeal and there's no word on when that trial will start.
Billboard has the full story

No comments:

Post a Comment