7.11.2013

Iron Maiden Sells Their One Millionth Beer


You read that right, we're talking beer sales not album sales. Just a few months back Iron Maiden joined forces with famed English beer makers Robinson Brewery to create their own brand of ale, Trooper. Over the 4th of July weekend Maiden passed another mile marker in their career by selling a million pints of their new beer. I personally haven't tried the new beer but judging by the label alone I have to say it looks mighty tasty. The beer itself contains a unique blend of Bobec, Goldings, and Cascade hops giving the beer a deep golden taste with a hint of lemon. Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson has been a life long fan of traditional ales and was blown away after being approached by the Robinson Brewery to create his own line of ale,

 "I'm a lifelong fan of traditional English ale; I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when we were asked to create our own beer. I have to say that I was very nervous: Robinsons are the only people I have had to audition for in 30 years. Their magic has been to create the alchemical wedding of flavour and texture that is TROOPER. I love it."

Robinson Brewery was sure the beer would be a hit with fans but didn't anticipate the surge in sales so quickly. They had hoped to hit the one million beer mark by some time late winter but popularity proved to be through the roof and they hit that mark 6 months ahead of schedule. For more information on Trooper Ale check out the website here and order yourself a 6 pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment