11.18.2014

Ex-Slayer Drummer to Appear On Insidious 3 Soundtrack


It's pretty much common knowledge at this point that Dave Lombardo will never play with Slayer again due to conflicts with the remaining members and years of drama. So what's a thrash metal drummer to do with all that free time. Make horror movie soundtracks of course!
Lombardo talked with Metal Thunder Radio and revealed that he has been asked to contribute to the soundtrack for the third installment of Insidious,
“I’m collaborating with Joseph Bishara, who is the music composer for the horror movies The Conjuring, Annabelle and Insidious. I’m working on Insidious 3 with Joseph, and we’re creating some drums for the new movie. I’m really excited to do this. I set up all the drums, today I ordered the drums that I’m gonna use. I’m gonna be performing with two cello players, a viola and a violin player under Joseph’s direction. And he’s an amazing composer. I’ve been listening to his stuff for a while now.”

Insidious 3 hits theaters sometime in 2015 so expect the soundtrack to arrive sometime before that. Lombardo may be out of Slayer but he seems to be keeping pretty busy. Apart from his work on this upcoming soundtrack he's also scoring theme music for an upcoming Disney cartoon, he's released new music with the band Philm, and is scheduled to do a run of shows with Fantomas. I gotta say, as a Slayer fan I hate to see Lombardo go but at the same time it's nice to know that a member of Slayer is working on music for Disney. Could this be the Disney/Death Metal union that no one has ever asked for? 
Only time will tell. Metal Injection has the story

No comments:

Post a Comment