2.19.2015

The Hollywood Vampires


It was announced by Alice Cooper last week that he was teaming up with Aerosmith's Joe Perry and Johnny Depp to form Hollywood Vampires. Based on the picture above they should of called it Three Dudes That Look Like Old Sadles. I kid, I kid. Cooper made the announcement last week on his Instagram account along with one confirmed concert date in September at the Rio Festival w/ System of a Down and Queens of the Stone Age. Some are saying it's an odd move by Depp after comments he made last month during the Mordecai press tour,
“That whole idea for me is a sickening thing, it’s always just made me sick. I hate the idea, ‘Come see me play the guitar because you’ve seen me in 12 movies.’ It shouldn’t be [that way]. You want the people who are listening to the music to only be interested in the music … I’ve been very lucky to play on friends’ records, and it’s still going. Music is still part of my life. But you won’t be hearing the Johnny Depp Band. That won’t ever exist.”

I guess interpret that whatever way you want. Either way Hollywood Vampires is a thing and it's happening. The band name comes from a superstar group of heavy drinking musicians that Cooper hung out with back in the day like Keith Moon, Lennon, Ringo Starr, and Harry Nilson. Cooper saw it fitting to resurrect the nickname. Joe Perry said in a recent interview that the band has already been in the studio and has recorded with Paul McCartney,
“I was in the studio with Alice Cooper and Johnny Depp, playing guitar, and the three of us are looking at each other like, ‘hey, we’re sitting here with Paul McCartney!’ And we’re all looking at each other like open-mouthed kids … It’s the great ego leveller.”

So I guess be on the look out for an actual album from the group featuring Paul McCartney. It's about time Alice Cooper teamed up with one of the Beatles and made some music.
The Guardian has the story

No comments:

Post a Comment