3.24.2015

I Want To Believe....The X-Files Is Coming Back


Fox announced earlier today that the X-Files is returning for a 6 episode run!! An air date is still in the works but it's confirmed Mulder and Scully will return to uncover all your favorite conspiracy theories and production will begin this summer. As a huge fan of the show I have to admit I was a little disappointed in the 2nd movie. In my opinion, it didn't really stay true to the original theme of the show. It had more of a thriller/murder mystery vibe. I'm not saying I need aliens involved for it to be a true X-Files venture but the only real aspect of the super natural was a child molesting telepathic priest. Kind of weak sauce in my book. As far as the new episodes go there wasn't been any details leaked about plot lines or if they'll pick up where the 2nd movie left off. I can't imagine they would start at any other point then where the last movie ended. All I ask is that they involve the Lone Gunmen in some way and we find out what they've been up to all these years. It also looks like Chris Carter will be back at the helm for this new run. So we'll have to wait and see how the whole thing will be handled. Will all 6 new episodes run into each other or will they be one off shows like the majority of the original episodes.
Vulture has the story

No comments:

Post a Comment