1.09.2012

2 Beers For Me and My Dog

As an avid dog lover I've always been kind of bummed out that I can't take my dogs into a bar with me while I black out. Not as a seeing eye dog for later in the night but as a drinking buddy. Kidding, people who get their pets drunk should be kicked in the teeth. However, one pub in Newcastle, England has come up with a way for your dog to join you in your night out.
The Branding Villa Pub has invented a beer for dogs made out of malt and hops and a little something extra for your four legged friend, meat extract. The beer of course is non-alcoholic and so far every dog that's tried has chugged it down. Not content with just a doggie beer the pub has also added some K-9 friendly food items, like a roast slathered in gravy.
The pub owner, David Carr, said the only dog who's turned it down was his own,
"It tastes of beef. I don't want to give it to my dog without trying it first. It's pretty revolting and my dog doesn't like it but I've got enough people who drink my stock so it's nice if my dog doesn't join in.
Everyone else's dogs love it. We have some regulars: she'll have a Sauvignon Blanc, he has a pint of Budvar, and Charlie the dog has a dog beer. That's his regular drink."

Carr wanted to make the pub more dog friendly so they came up with the idea for the beer and pet inspired menu. He even went as far as hiring a chef to specifically design a doggie menu that pairs the beer with a variety of dishes. Menu options include, 'Chicken a la Franc', a dog version of chicken chasseur, 'Eggs Ladybird' named after the chefs Jack Russell terrier, and the Sunday Roast that comes covered in 'cat gravy' a beef stock with fish sauce. If poochie is still hungry they can hit up the desert menu and special chew toys.
Carr isn't the first to invent a dog beer. Bowser Beer was created by a brewery in Phoenix and sells for $20 a six pack. It's non-carbonated and is free of hops which can be harmful to dogs. Hey honey, me and the dog will be back in a few hours, we're going up the street to get shit faced!
The Daily Mail has the full story

No comments:

Post a Comment